Tips to Keep Your Equipment Running Smoothly
Regular maintenance and repair are crucial to maximizing the lifespan of your equipment and keeping your practice running smoothly. Inoperative instrumentation often means rescheduling patients and revenue loss for an eyecare practice so we’re here with a few tips to help.
What You Can Do
Your equipment is a significant investment and having a maintenance plan is important to keeping it running effectively.
- Disinfecting – Be sure to disinfect your instrumentation after each use to removing harmful bacteria.
- Understand maintenance requirements – Every device has different maintenance schedules and requirements. From wiping front lenses or checking fan filters regularly to extensive phoropter cleanings, it is important to learn the manufacturer’s recommendations for each piece of equipment.
- Create a regular maintenance schedule for equipment – Planning ahead and scheduling regular maintenance is imperative to keeping your equipment running smoothly.
- Get organized – Many practices keep binders documenting repairs, maintenance schedules, and warranties as well as equipment manuals and contact information for your service provider. Having all this vital information in one place facilitates an effective service plan for your equipment.
- Train your team – Take the time to make sure that your staff is well trained on operating, maintaining, and handling each device. Proper equipment usage will significantly reduce the risk of damage.
What We Can Do
A trustworthy partner for equipment repairs and maintenance is essential for any eyecare practice. EMS not only sells new and pre-owned equipment, but we also specialize in complete service solutions.
Repair/Maintenance – The technicians at EMS are manufacturer trained and have an average of over 20 years in the eyecare industry. Whether it’s on-site maintenance at your facility or extensive repairs at one of our national service centers, you can be sure your equipment is in capable hands. Learn more about our repair & maintenance services here.
Extended Protection Plans – Be prepared when equipment goes down and get the predictability of fixed service costs. An Extended Protection Plan from EMS provides quality repairs and maintenance coverage for your optical, lane or diagnostic instrumentation. Learn more about extended protection plans here.
Umbrella Service Contracts – Simplify your maintenance and repair procedures and save your budget with comprehensive service agreement from EMS. We can cover all the equipment in your practice and at multiple locations. No matter what device goes down, you just have one number to call! Learn more about comprehensive umbrella contracts here.
For more information about EMS repairs, maintenance, and protection plans, visit www.emseye.com or call us at 888-781-4458.