Canon CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera
Contact us for Price & Availability Request a Quote (888) 781-4458
The CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic (MYD/NM) Retinal Camera is Canon's first hybrid camera and a non-mydriatic camera to use Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) photography.
Features Specifications Financing
- Five Photography Modes
- The CX-1 offers five photography modes including Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography (FA), and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF).
- Non-Mydriatic Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) Photography
- With the push of the Myd/Non-Myd button to select the non-mydriatic mode and the FAF mode, the operator is ready to begin taking images. The FAF mode helps monitor macular waste such as lipofuscin, which assists the eye care professional with detecting age-macular degeneration (AMD), glaucoma, and diabetes.
- One Touch Selection of MYD/NM
- A single push of the Myd/Non-Myd button switches between the mydriatic and non-mydriatic imaging modes.
- Control Panel
- Whether the CX-1 is in mydriatic or non-mydriatic mode, the control panel has simple operation, workflow efficiency, and ergonomic controls.
- Superior Image Quality
- Clear, high resolution images are available in either mydriatic or non-mydriatic mode. The 2x mode magnifies the image by automatically cropping out the peripheral edges so the region of interest is larger in the frame.
- Stereo Photography System
- The LCD monitor displays guides which automatically determine the base length for acquiring successful stereo images. The two images can be stored as a pair making it easier to manage the files.
- EOS Camera Technology
- Made exclusively for the CX-1, the detachable camera features Canon's EOS camera technology with its renowned image processing capabilities providing optimal retinal imaging. The camera handles five different photography modes including non-mydriatic FAF photography, Color, Red-free, Fluorescein Angiography, and Cobalt.
- Retinal Imaging Control Software
- Using the Canon Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS), images can be viewed, manipulated, sent to a DICOM storage device or stored as DICOM or JPEG images and sent to a printer. For more information, visit the Retinal Imaging Control Software webpage.
- Optional Accessories
- Stereo unit SU-1
- Internal eye fixation CX-IF
- Types of photography Color, FA, Red Free, Cobalt, FAF
- Retinal observation Mydriatic: Optical viewfinder
- Non-Mydriatic: Camera unit monitor
- Angle of view Mydriatic: 50 degrees
- Non-Mydriatic: 45 degrees
- Magnification 2X (Digital)
- Minimum pupil size Mydriatic: 5.1 mm or more (4.3 mm or more when SP function is selected)
- Non-Mydriatic: 4.3 mm or more (3.8 mm or more when SP function is
- Mounted digital camera Dedicated digital camera by Canon EOS technology
- Sensor 18.0 Megapixels
- Patient's diopter compensation
- Without compensation lens: -10D to +15D
- With “-” compensation lens: -31D to -7D
- With “+” compensation lens: -11D to +33D
- Light source Mydriatic: halogen lamp for observation, xenon tube for photography
- Non-Mydriatic: IRED for observation, xenon tube for photography
- Working distance 35 mm from the front of objective lens
- Working distance adjustment Working distance dots on retina
- Fixation target Mydriatic: external type (Standard), internal type (Optional)
- Non-Mydriatic: internal fixation target (LED dot matrix, green)
- Range of base movement 65 mm front and back, 110 mm side to side, 30 mm up and down
- Panning range 30 degrees to the right and left
- Tilting range 15 degrees up, 10 degrees down
- Electrical and Environmental
- Power supply AC 100-240V 50/60 Hz 8-4A
- Power consumption 960 VA
- Operating environment Temperature: 10°C to 35°C
- Humidity: 30% RH to 80% RH
- Physical Characteristics
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 12.6 inches x 20.9 inches x 22.3 inches
- (320 mm x 531 mm x 577 mm)
- Weight Approximately 57 pounds (26 kg)
As a division of the Advancing Eyecare Alliance, Enhanced Medical Services is proud to provide financing options for all of your equipment needs.
Through Advancing Eyecare Finance, take advantage of multiple finance structures designed to meet your budget and ownership goals.