Canon CR-2 Plus AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera
The Canon CR-2 Plus AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera features Color and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) imaging, which can help detect and monitor ocular conditions such as Geography Atrophy, Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy, and others. Its compact design frees up office space, and its infrared alignment light allows imaging of patient pupils as small as 3.3 mm, helping expedite the exam process.
- Dedicated EOS Camera Technology
- High quality diagnostic images are obtained using a dedicated camera for the CR-2 PLUS AF which incorporates a large, high-definition CMOS sensor with 18 megapixels. The LCD may be adjusted to a variety of titled angles to suit the user's point of view, an auxilliary monitor may be added.
- Non-Mydriatic Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) Photography
- Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) helps monitor macular waste (e.g. lipofuscin) which can accumulate in the Retinal Pigment Epithelial (RPE) layer. The accumulation of macular waste can cause conditions such as Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) which can lead to reduced vision. The FAF mode may be selected by pressing only one button.
- Automatically focuses the eye when the joystick is partially pressed.
- Allows automatic switching from the external eye to retinal obeservation mode.
- Automatically captures the image when the eye is properly focused.
- Automatic Exposure Function
- The CR-2 PLUS AF measures the volume of infrared light from the retina and automatically adjusts the flash intensity for observation and photography. This feature may be set to ON/OFF and can be adjusted using the operation panel.
- Low Flash Intensity and ISO Sensitivity
- The low flash intensity of the CR-2 PLUS AF minimizes miosis, thus shortening the time required for taking multiple view exams or stereo images. The reduced brightness improves patient comfort and reduces the "ghost" image the patient sees after an exposure. A wide range of low ISO speeds are supported including ISO 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400.
- Digital Filter Processing
- Red-Free and Cobalt digital filters are included and provide enhanced screening exams. Red-Free is used for evaluating the Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer (RNFL) and vascular structure of the retina associated with documenting Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy or Hypertension. The Cobalt filter is also used for evaluating the RNFL, as well as Optic Disc and Optic Disc Drusen. Additionally, Green (Vascular view) and Red channel (Choroid view) digital filter views are also included.
- Retinal Imaging Control Software
- Using the Canon Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS), images can be captured, viewed, processed, printed and saved to a permanent storage database. The Canon RICS complies with the DICOM®* Standard. Images may be stored as DICOM or JPEG files. For more information, visit Retinal Imaging Control Software.
- Control Panel
- The simplified design of the control panel can be easily handled by an examiner. Manual alignment override allows easy switching to manual focusing on demand. The one-handed joystick may be used to position the camera to acquire the desired image. In darkly lit rooms, the operation panel illuminates for easier navigation.
- Compact and Lightweight
- The small design of the CR-2 PLUS AF facilitates portability when needed using an optional hard shell transport case sold separately. Canon instrument tables (sold separately) may comfortably fit both the camera and computer workstation (sold separately). The space saving design also allows for use in limited office space environments.
EMS has partnered with GreatAmerica Financial Services to provide financing to our customers. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA since 1992,
GreatAmerica Financial Services is the largest private independent small ticket equipment finance company in the US. GreatAmerica works with our customers to make purchases as easy as possible with an industry leading customer service experience.