Canon CR-2 AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera
The Canon CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera incorporates the latest in Canon retinal imaging technology and enhancements in a compact and light design. It can easily be installed and takes up minimal office space and, for added convenience, can remain mobile for easy transportation when needed. The illuminated control panel on the CR-2 allows medical staff to easily navigate operations in darkened rooms. The CR-2 can help reduce energy costs in medical facilities with its energy-efficient design contributing to a lower total-cost-of-ownership.
- Compact and Lightweight
- The small design of the CR-2 provides the smallest footprint of any Canon retinal camera to date and is portable when needed. Canon instrument tables (sold separately) may comfortably fit a CR-2 and a Canon Auto-Tonometer (sold separately). Keeping the Canon machines next to one another helps expedite the exam process.
- Mobile Retinal Imaging Solution
- The mobile retinal imaging solution is like having onsite Teleretinal Screenings in a box! Designed exclusively for the CR-2 Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera, the custom, hardshell travel case is equipped with top and side carry handles and wheels making the CR-2 Retinal Camera easy to carry to and from locations where stationary retinal imaging equipment is unavailable. The custom travel case accommodates (each sold separately) the CR-2 Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera with dedicated camera for CR-2, laptop (max. dimensions (HxWxD) 1.47 x 16.4 x 10.7 inches), external fixation lamp, mouse, power cord and USB cable.
- Canon EOS Camera Technology
- High quality diagnostic images are obtained using a dedicated EOS camera for retinal imaging which incorporates a large, high-definition CMOS sensor.
- High Resolution Images
- The CR-2 provides high resolution images, making it easier for the diagnosis and detection of a wide range of ocular conditions and diseases.
- Digital Filter Processing
- Red-Free and Cobalt digital filters are included and provide enhanced screening exams. Red-Free is used for evaluating the retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) and vascular structure of the retina associated with documenting Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy or Hypertension. The Cobalt filter is also used for evaluating the RNFL, as well as, Optic Disc and Optic Disc Drusen. Additionally, Green (Vascular view) and Red channel (Choroid view) digital filter views are also included.
- White LED Flash
- Using white LED flash light as a light source saves on power consumption and energy costs.
- Low Flash Photography
- The low flash intensity of the CR-2 minimizes miosis, thus shortening the time required for taking multiple view exams or stereo images. The reduced brightness improves patient comfort and reduces the "ghost" image the patient sees after an exposure.
- Automatic Exposure Function
- The observation light automatically optimizes the light brightness and flash intensity.
- Ergonomic Control Panel
- The simplified design of the control panel can be easily handled by a trained examiner. A one-hand joystick positions the camera for a desirable point of view. In darkly lit rooms, the operation panel illuminates for easier navigation. The 35 mm working distance between the patient and the operator allows easy access to the patient's eyes should they need assistance with opening their eyes.
- Retinal Imaging Control Software
- Using the Canon Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS), images can be stored, viewed, processed and sent to a printer. The Canon RICS complies with the DICOM®* Standard. Images may be stored as DICOM or JPEG files and sent to a printer. For more information, visit Retinal Imaging Control Software.
- Optional Accessories
- External Eye Fixation Lamp
- Chin Rest Paper (500 sheets)
- Wheelchair Accessible Table
- Hard-shell Travel Case
- Type of Photography Color, Digital Red-Free, Digital Cobalt
- Angle of View 45°
- Magnification 2X Digital
- Minimal Pupil Size 4 mm (3.3 mm SP mode)
- Focus Adjustment Range Without Compensation Lens: -10 to +15D
- With "-" Compensation Lens: -31 to -7D
- With "+" Compensation Lens: +11 to +33D
- Split-line Aligning Type Focusing
- Light Source Observation Light Source: Infrared LED
- Flash Light Source: White LED
- Eye Fixation Lamp Internal Eye Fixation Lamp, LED Dot Matrix, Green
- External Eye Fixation Lamp (Sold Separately)
- Working Distance 35 mm
- Sensor Resolution 18.0 Megapixels
- Camera Dedicated EOS Camera for CR-2 (Bundled)
- Built-in Monitor 3.0 inch Color LCD Monitor
- Flash Intensity Linked to the Photography Mode
- Can be Set Manually
- Auto Function Auto Exposure
- Mount Movement Front and Back 70 mm
- Side to Side 100 mm
- Up and Down 30 mm
- Chin Rest Movement 60 mm
- Electrical and Environmental
- Power supply AC 100V to 240V, 50/60Hz, 1 to 0.4A
- Operating environment Temperature: 50° to 86° Fahrenheit (10° to 35° Celsius)
- Humidity: 30% to 90% (No Condensation)
- Atmospheric pressure: 800 hPa to 1060hPa
- Physical Characteristics
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 12 x 19.7 x 18.6 inches
- (305 x 500 x 473 mm)
- Weight Approximately 33 pounds
As a division of the Advancing Eyecare Alliance, Enhanced Medical Services is proud to provide financing options for all of your equipment needs.
Through Advancing Eyecare Finance, take advantage of multiple finance structures designed to meet your budget and ownership goals.
Request A Quote
Our team is dedicated to helping you find the right equipment to fit your needs and budget. Simply fill out the form below and one of our experienced staff will get back with you promptly with a quote. If you don't see what you're looking for, be sure to ask as new inventory is arriving daily.