Heidelberg HRT III Retinal Tomographer (Pre-Owned)
The Heidelberg HRT III Retinal Tomographer is a proven, essential tool for detecting and managing glaucoma, especially for assisting in the identification of pre-perimetric disease and tracking progression. The Ancillary Study to the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) demonstrated that optic disc analysis detected glaucoma conversion in 55% of cases, before any detectable loss of visual function. The HRT has proved to be a robust predictor of glaucoma. OHTS also concluded that the HRT recognized temporal superior defects which later developed into confirmed glaucoma in 40% of cases – looking only at baseline measurements – then confirmed the diagnosis with an average of 5 years of follow-up. Equally impressive was that 93% of all HRT cases flagged as within normal limits at baseline remained within normal limits during the same time period.
- A Powerful Predictor of Change
- Validated by OHTS to predict structural change
- Progression analysis validated with 10 year’s of patient data
- Optic disc analysis outperforms expert interpretation
- Large, ethnic-selectable databases
- Asymmetry Analysis
- Upgradeable Platform
- Network Ready
- 24 ms Scanning and TruTrackT Image Alignment
- The recent discovery of hidden artifacts within time-domain OCT scans may explain why time-domain OCT performed so poorly in a separate, but similar study, where baseline predictive values for corneal thickness outperformed OCT with an average of 5 years of follow-up.
- One explanation for the difference in glaucoma predictive power is the HRT’s incredible scan speed. Single tomographic slices are captured in just 24 milliseconds (compared to the fastest time-domain OCT slices captured at 368 milliseconds). Since constant involuntary eye movements occur within 30 – 50 milliseconds, and larger movements due to fixation problems can be 150 milliseconds or greater, time-domain OCT may be highly susceptible to motion artifact.
- HRT combines the advantage of speed with the power of Heidelberg Engineering’s TruTrackT image alignment software to deliver unmatched performance and clinical utility. TruTrackT works in the background, tracking over 500 points on each image, enabling follow-up scans to be precisely aligned to baseline for detecting small changes reliably.
- The Heidelberg HRT II Retina Tomographer features automatic image acquisition, sector analysis for early glaucoma detection, and automatic progression analysis. Also, all results are presented in a format which is understood by patients to ensure their compliance.
- The Heidelberg Retina Tomographer operation software provides a variety of functions to quantitatively describe the three-dimensional properties of the retina and the optic nerve head and to precisely detect and describe topographic changes. Approval USA & Germany Product Number Inquire Field of View 15° × 15° Focus Range -12 to +12 diopters (automatic) Digitized Image Size 2D images 384×384 pixels, 3D images 384×384×16 to 384×384×64 voxels Optical Resolution transverse 10 µm, longitudinal 300 µm Digital Resolution transverse 10 µm/pixel, longitudinal 62 µm/pixel Scan time / Image 2D images 0.024 seconds, 3D images 0.4 to 1.5 seconds.
EMS has partnered with GreatAmerica Financial Services to provide financing to our customers. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA since 1992,
GreatAmerica Financial Services is the largest private independent small ticket equipment finance company in the US. GreatAmerica works with our customers to make purchases as easy as possible with an industry leading customer service experience.