- True 3D patternless edging system
- Bar coding option
- Memory Capacity: 100 shapes (tracer) + up to 500 shapes (tracer)
- Computer link option • Stand alone or network
- Maximum network capacity: 15 Edgers/5 Tracers
- Compatible with the Opsys lens ordering software
- Can be linked to remote edging scanner Edger
- Lens front/back 3D auto scan
- Fixed Icon based menu
- Automatic V bevel with 3D bevel shape calculation
- Fully automatic chamber door
- Statistics function Tracer/Blocker
- 3D frame tracing
- Automatic frame clamping
- Automatic tracer feeler insertion
- Lens/former tracing facilities for Supra or rimless frames
- Lens centring through video imaging
- Fully automated lens blocking Options CR39 Glass Polycarbonate Edge Polish (plastic lenses only)
- The Kappa features the latest technology in frame tracing. NEW, 4-D tracing software provides the most precise frame tracing and lens mapping. The unique 4-D capability includes an exclusive frame groove measurement. The enhanced software makes for easy lens processing, including finishing of executive and small frame lenses. New, patented soft pin beveling accommodates all lens sizes including small diameter lenses down to 24 millimeters. Automatic probing of the eye wire groove profile ensures highly accurate sizes, decreases breakage and increases quality.
- Tracing, blocking and edging functions are fully-integrated. Digital trace data is electronically transmitted from station to station as the lens is processed, reducing errors. As production demand grows, up to five Kappa or Gamma Edgers can be connected to a Kappa Tracer/Blocker, increasing efficiency.
- The Kappa automatically positions the stylus in the frame and traces both eyes in less than 20 seconds, at the same time determining the frame DBL. After tracing, the lens is placed in the blocker. A video camera captures and displays an image of the lens, without parallax, along with the frame shape. The operator aligns the lens and checks cutout. Block application is motorized and fully automatic.
- The Kappa has six automatic and controlled bevel options, as well as lens grooving. In the Kappa Edger, probes map the contours of both surfaces to determine lens curve, edge thickness and to calculate ideal bevel or groove placement. Upon completion of lens mapping, a 3D representation of the finished bevel or groove is shown on the screen, allowing the user to view its position. Placement can be automatic or modifications can be made.
- Three groove widths are offered for improved fit. Kappa uses advanced grooving design and computer control to precisely locate grooves on very thin lenses. In addition, operators can probe the contour of the eye wire groove. The probe records the profile of the eye wire groove and the Kappa automatically adjusts the lens size. Measuring eye wire grooves eliminates the practice of edging lenses over-sized and re-edging them to fit.
- The Kappa edges glass, CR39, hi-index and polycarbonate lenses. An optional polishing wheel can impart a polished lens edge. The system operates with a direct water hookup or a recirculating pump.
- Wheel maintenance is automatic, reducing operator skill level. Using a cleaning disk, Kappa controls the timing and pressure for consistent results.
- Kappa tracks productivity by lens material, bevel type, groove, edge polish or error record. Sophisticated diagnostics monitor and test system functions including mechanical movements and motors.
- Fully-automatic controls, a user-friendly interface, and an ergonomic design make the Kappa extremely easy to use. The full color display highlights icons to indicate available options. Regardless of equipment knowledge, an employee can be trained in the basic operation of the Kappa in as little as an hour.
- Automatic Tracing and Edging:
Patternless 4-D Tracing, 3-D Edging
Abrasive and Polishing Wheels
Multiple wheel configurations for all materials or plastics dedicated
- Bevel Options:
Customized on the front curve
Flat edge (rimless)
- Lens Material Configurations:
Plastic, polycarbonate, and glass
- Lens Mapping:
Consecutively records front and back lens contours
Adjustable +8.00 to -8.00mm
115 V, single phase 60 Hz with ground, 15 AMP
Tracer 9 7/8″ wide x 10 5/8″ deep x 6 1/4″ high ( 250 mm x 270 mm x 160 mm)
Edger 22″ wide x 22″ deep x 21″high (535mm x 560 mm x 515 mm)
128 lbs /58 kg
- System Compatibility:
Innovations Standard, Basic and Edge Software OMA Compatible Software
EMS has partnered with GreatAmerica Financial Services to provide financing to our customers. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, IA since 1992,
GreatAmerica Financial Services is the largest private independent small ticket equipment finance company in the US. GreatAmerica works with our customers to make purchases as easy as possible with an industry leading customer service experience.